Re: "Cannot execute elf binary ..."

Le 21/12/2013 18:45, Kurt Schreiner a écrit :
On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 06:37:26PM +0100, J. Hannken-Illjes wrote:
On Dec 21, 2013, at 6:21 PM, Kurt Schreiner <ks%ub.uni-mainz.de@localhost>
wrote:

a kernel compiled from source cvs updated some minutes ago can't exec elf
binaries anymore; seen on i386 and arm, screenshot of i386-VM attached.

Just revert src/sys/kern/exec_elf.c to 1.51.
done! both kernel work again...

Running strnlen() on a fresh allocated memory region looks strange.

Indeed. I just sent a "model" patch to Christos Zoulas to have his
opinion on the subject; I however did not ask him to commit it - I took
care of adding that I wasn't able to test it -. My patch was wrong
since the strnlen check must be moved after the exec_read_from, I typed
it too quickly.

If I expected it to be committed, I would have re-read and tested of
course.

--
J. Hannken-Illjes - hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost - TU Braunschweig
(Germany)