Re: READ ME: updating mpc, mpfr, and eventually gmp

>      Base gcc hasn't been updated.  Updating mpc, mpfr, and gmp
> are part of the preparation for update base gcc.  "Segfault due to
> internal compiler error" is often due to bad memory.  You might
> want to run pkgsrc/sysutils/memtestplus.

Or it could be a bug in the NetBSD system.

These happen more in NetBSD than FreeBSD.

Note the "spurious reboot" thread.  Memory was bad only on some NetBSD
installations.

Maybe the bug that bites me is unrelated to the topic of the thread.

I could try building something from pkgsrc, such as lynx or a newer gcc,
gcc-aux or gnat-aux or try rebuilding/cross-compiling from FreeBSD, but not
using  something so outdated as the base-system gcc-4.2.1.

Even better would be if I could get the wi-fi working in FreeBSD.

Tom