Re: something's wrong

Thomas Klausner <wiz%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> <...>
>
> Please note that the machine doesn't panic -- otherwise I'd have seen
> reboots instead.
>
> I'm regularly updating, so I think this problem is rather new (last
> month or so). I was usually running with clang; using libc++ is new,
> no idea if this is related or not (I guess not).
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Just a few..

Can you get into DDB during a lockup (blindly triggering it and typing
call ddb_vgapost)?  If you can, inspecting the LWPs (with ps/l) to see
what are they doing would be useful.

During the glitches, you can try to inspect the LWPs using crash(8).
Also, it would be useful to monitor vmstat -e counters, perhaps some
interrupt rates increase to unusual levels.  When glitches start to
happen, you might try to run constant snapshots of lockstat sleep 15,
perhaps some lock contention would indicate what is going on.

--
Mindaugas