Re: Creating /dev/dk* nodes so as to be persistent

> On Wed, Oct 02, 2013 at 02:45:43AM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> > Running "mount" by itself shows

> > tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (union, local)

> You have two choices: add your dk additions to /etc/MAKEDEV.local or fix
> the /dev/console device in the lower layer of your union mount.

> Martin

I see MAKEDEV.local in /dev but not in /etc.  Do I need to copy /dev/MAKEDEV to
/etc and edit it there?

Would the system find and automatically execute /etc/MAKEDEV.local?

Linux and FreeBSD never have the problem of not being able to use a device for
lack of device nodes, but I remember the days long ago when Linux and FreeBSD
preassigned device nodes as NetBSD and OpenBSD still do.

I tried to edit /dev/MAKEDEV, found it to be read-only, then tried
/dev/MAKEDEV.local and found that to be also read-only.

So I made the needed changes to /dev/MAKEDEV (w! in vi).  I haven't rebooted
yet, would like to see if USB 3.0 works and the Atheros AR9271 on motherboard
is recognized.

Tom