Re: built failure of current userland

Hi,

Martin Husemann wrote:
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 07:50:50AM +0200, Riccardo Mottola wrote:

To be extra-sure, I removed the externa/mit and the x11 in my src tree
and -rechecked it out.
Did you realy "cvs co" or just remove them and "cvs up"?

If you use "cvs up", please try something like:

   cd /usr/src; cvs up -dPA -I \!
   cd /usr/xsrc; cvs up -dPA -I \!

and see if any strange old files show up.

Yes, my xsrc tree had old makefiles! also, I found some cruft in src (well, nothing that should have affected, just leftover stuff, core dumps, editor files). I cleaned that and at the second attempt, I was able to build & install distribution!

Now I will work again on pkgsrc, but first I'll do check with lintpkgsrc. Thanks for the support... up to the next hurdle in pkgsrc!

I noticed that build.sh with X takes quite a long time (long parts are surely the compiler and the X distirbution) and if I restart it, it will essentially restart. Is there no way to restart? or to build in pieces?

Riccardo