gtk3, libXi vs xextproto

Hi,

posting now here to current, I can't believe I am the only one with this problem, but I got no answers on users! This is with current pkgsrc.

Nobody uses gtk3? Perhaps you were able to make emacs use gtk2? Dependencies are a pain!

Updating Emacs wants gtk3. Gtk fails to link without libXi, libXi fails with:

checking for XEXT... configure: error: Package requirements (xproto >= 7.0.13 x11 >= 1.1.99.1 xextproto >= 7.1.99) were not met:

Requested 'xextproto >= 7.1.99' but version of XExtProto is 7.1.2

but the newest xextproto in pkgsrc is 7.2.1 .

I also wonder why GTK3 doesn't check before what it needs, since build fill fail with:

  GISCAN Gdk-3.0.gir
./.libs/libgdk-3.so: undefined reference to `XIFreeDeviceInfo'
./.libs/libgdk-3.so: undefined reference to `XIDefineCursor'
./.libs/libgdk-3.so: undefined reference to `XIQueryPointer'

it should have checked for libXi presence before, shouldn't it?

Thank you,
   Riccardo