Re: make not closing fds?

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> On Sep 1,  2:24pm, kardel%netbsd.org@localhost (Frank Kardel) wrote:
> | That's what I assume too. But, should normal commands really get access
> | to those fds?
>
> No, I don't think so. Perhaps the pipes are used to redirect and
> collect the output of normal commands.

I assume the job token pipes are passed to "normal" commands because
those normal commands can be an arbitrarily complex, and it is
impossible to know whether they will end up invoking a sub-make or
not.

That still doesn't explain why there should be as many as 40 open file
descriptors, though.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost