Re: Porting an OpenBSD ethernet driver

tron@ wrote:
> has anybodu a guide for porting an OpenBSD ethernet driver (in my case
> vmx(3))?
> I'm struggling because OpenBSD's arp management seems to be quite different.

I don't think lower drivers have to handle the arp layer.

Isn't it enough to replace OpenBSD's struct arpcom with
NetBSD's struct ethercom (to store struct ifnet)?

It would be worth to check existing drivers ported from OpenBSD:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/dev/usb/if_smsc.c?rev=1.4;content-type=text%2Fplain
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/sys/dev/usb/if_smsc.c?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain
---
Izumi Tsutsui