Re: Modular X broken

Something also changed in the base version of X.  Up until 6.0 I never had any
problems with X on either i386 or amd64.  Since 6.0 was released I've been
unable to get base X running on amd64, although it does work on i386.  I see
the same problem in subsequent versions of 6.0 and even in current.  I've also
tried different video cards with similar results.  PR 47331 describes the
issues I'm seeing.

As a result I'm still running 5.1.2 because it just works.

-bob