Re: Persistent green messages interrupting console on NetBSD 6.99.19 i386

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 05:07:38AM -0700, Thomas Mueller wrote:

> But the first virtual terminal quit responding to the keyboard, nothing
> showed on screen.  Exiting X, I got a dim screen, a bug in how NetBSD reacts
> with ATI r128 graphics card.

That keyboard problem sounds like X is trying to use the same terminal as the
console based programs.  Assuming you're using xdm, you might want to check the
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers file and see if you have a vtXX specified that conflicts
with an enabled getty in /etc/ttys.

Eric