Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

At 20:24 Uhr +0100 20.3.2013, Hauke Fath wrote:
>whenever I tried [dhcpcd],
>considerable amounts of reading were necessary, and most of the time I
>found that its ideosyncracies were not worth the pain.

After finding and switching over a couple of NetBSD clients (most NetBSD
machines around here are servers with fixed ips, few clients left), I'll
have to (mostly take that back.

On two netbsd-6 machines, dhcpcd was a drop-in replacement for dhclient,
modulo athe odd command-line option.

My home server, still on netbsd-5, overrides domain-name and
domain-name-servers it is fed from a dsl router's dhcp server in
/etc/dhclient.conf, and while it looks like this can be modelled with
dhcpcd, it is not obvious and takes some more reading.

So, as far as I am concerned, dhcpcd is good to go.

hauke