Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0

Am 26.03.13 19:16, schrieb Christos Zoulas:
> On Mar 26,  2:12pm, tls%panix.com@localhost (Thor Lancelot Simon) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: dhc* in NetBSD 7.0
>
> | Let's announce the demise of dhclient in the release notes for 6.1 or 6.2,
> | then.  I don't see any reason why .0 releases should be special for this
> | kind of thing.
>
> Let's just decide what to do; it seems to me the most concervative thing
> is to ship with it. What's the downside of that? Disk space?

I agree.  It does not harm anyone.  I don't use it anymore, since dhcpcd
got really useful.  But why break other peoples setup?  We ship so much
old stuff.  Anyone using the starmode line discipline?

No one is forced to use dhclient, but removing it has this smell of us
telling users what they have to do.  Let them decide by themselves.