Re: Font display glitches

On Wed 30 Jan 2013 at 17:55:11 +0000, Dave Tyson wrote:
> So unless my make kernel/make release/make install bogged up I
> should have the fix. I still got the coloured blocks :-(

Maybe your thing is something else then.
My history is that I first saw the problem on my laptop. Then I replaced
libexa.so.0 with a version from fixed sources, I think I hand-patched
them. That solved my issue. I haven't updated the laptop to 6.0.1 yet,
so I have not personally verified that that fix is really in it,
although a diff (cvs diff -rnetbsd-6-0-RELEASE -rnetbsd-6-0-1-RELEASE
exa_unaccel.c) seems to suggest that it is.  Unfortunately libexa.so.0
has no cvs tags so "ident" can't show which source versions are actually
used.

The description of the issue is slightly off though. It mentions "solid
blobs" or something like that. For me they are not solid but consist of
random pixels and I think they were monochrome.

> This is on a T400 with Intel video:
>
> i915drm0 at vga1: Mobile IntelM-BM-. GM45 Express Chipset
> i915drm0: AGP at 0xd0000000 256MB
> i915drm0: Initialized i915 1.6.0 20080730

My gfx chipset looks to be the same as yours, but the AGP address
differs.

> Dave
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'