Re: cgd gives read-only error

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 02:41:16AM +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
> If raid1 has partitions other than raid1a, then you presumably don't
> want to overwrite the disklabel, so you'll probably want to skip the
> first two sectors on disk, or use the start of the disk for a non-cgd
> partition.  If you want cgd over all of raid1, then you can configure
> cgd0 on raid1d instead of raid1a and it should all work.

Good idea - use raid1d instead of raid1a. I just disklabel -W raid1
(thank you Michael) and did the usual. You can get into the amusing
situation where you can't write the disklabel on cgd0 because that
would overwrite the disklabel on raid1a, yet a valid disklabel on
cgd0 is the check for a valid passphrase (ie you even get surprised
simply setting up a cgd regardless of "scrubbing")

Cheers,

Patrick