Re: postfix and sasl questions

On Tuesday 08 January 2013 08:44:28 Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 11:10:36PM +0000, Dave Tyson wrote:
> > 2) The version on postfix in pkgsrc is 2.8.13 - ie it is back release
> > compared
> >
> >      to the base version (2.9.5) in current. It would be nice if the base
> >      postfix could have the sasl option compiled in by default. There is
> >      a old
> >
> >     PR (bin/37162) about this.  It looks like libsasl is now in the base,
> >     and has a documentation PR (bin/47027) against it. Could postfix use
> >     this library? I appreciate that other sasl components  from pkgsrc
> >     would be needed to get authentication to work...
>
> Actually, the postfix in -current (from at least 5.99.40, so probably
> also in 6) provides SASL by default. I'm using it with dovecot from
> pkgsrc.
>
> When I set it up in March 2011 I followed
>   http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL
>   http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_sasl
>
> It's been a long time, so I don't remember the details, but if you're
> struck, try asking again.
>  Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info. I was avoiding dovecot as the config file looked
horrenous. But having looked at  your links its actually very straightforward
and I had it up and running in 30 min. I actually may switch to dovecot for
the imap stuff rather than using my existing uv-imap setup and kill two birds
with one stone.

Cheers,
Dave

Phone: 07805784357