Re: Areca 1882 SAS controller support?

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 05:10:39PM +0100, Hauke Fath wrote:
> At 9:17 Uhr -0500 04.12.2012, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> >You might compare revisions of their FreeBSD driver from around the time
> >when the 16xx or 18xx SAS units came to market and see if there are any
> >relevant changes.
>
> They added a third adapter type to an existing two
> <http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/arcmsr/arcmsr.c?r1=201758&r2=210358&pathrev=215234>.
>

> I guess the FreeBSD arcmsr(4) and the NetBSD one do not share common roots?

I think you're right that they don't.

> At least, it wouldn't seem like it - the NetBSD driver doesn't even have
> any adapter types.

The command interface appears to be common among all the models (that we
work with so far, at least); why have additional adapter "types"?

I'll look at the change.  Thank you for finding it!

I don't have Areca 16xx nor 18xx hardware to test with.  I'll see if I
can get my hands on some.  The only SAS RAID hardware I have is LSI,
which I am not personally too fond of.

Thor