Re: how to kill a 'mount' command that has hung

Hi

If you can´t kill -9 a process, it is in uninterruptable sleep state
(aka. "Waiting for disk"). That means that you lost a disk, a
hard-mountet NFS share or something is wrong with the OS. I guess that
"ps ax" shows a D in the STAT column for the hung processes?

You should the invoke crash, type "ps", look for the hung Thread ID
(LWP) and enter "t/a <LWP>".  This should give us a kernel stack trace
of the process so we can see what it waits for.

Regards,

Stephan