Re: Weird time on /dev/pts

On Oct 22, 10:00am, "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" wrote:
} Subject: Weird time on /dev/pts
} I am getting a strange error on my Ubuntu system when trying to back
} up my NetBSD  -current box.  I use rsync and I keep getting this error:
}
} Time value of dev/pts truncated on receiver.
}
} When I check on NetBSD it looks like this:
}
} # ls -ld pts
} dr-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  512 Oct 21       pts
}
} I normally expect to see a time there as well as a date.  I touched the
} directory and now it backs up.  It looks like this after the touch:
}
} # ls -ld pts
} dr-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  512 Oct 22 09:50 pts
}
} This happened before and the same fix worked but then it messed up
} again.  Anyone else seeing this?  What should I be looking for?
        Hello.  Whenit messes up again, try showing the output of ls -lTd,
which should show you the time and date regardless of whether it is within
the last 6 months.  I'm guessing the year is getting zorched, but that
ought to prove it.  Once that is shown, we can then try to answer the
question as to why this is happening.

-Brian