Re: libpthread failures in macppc

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 01:40:07AM +0000, Julio Merino wrote:
> Hello,
>
> With a recent build of NetBSD/macppc, I'm getting several segfaults and
> stuck programs that seem to point at libpthread issues.  All their
> backtraces point at some pthread function.  (I had not touched this
> machine for a while, so I don't know when this started happening.)
>
> Running the tests in lib/libpthread under my macppc machine (a Mac Mini
> G4) gives these failures:
[...]

Hm.  It seems that if I disable __HAVE___LWP_GETTCB_FAST and rebuild
libpthread, things behave in a more stable manner.  Some of the tests
below start to pass, mutt doesn't crash, the build of emacs seems to
proceed...

Does that hint any obvious problems?

[Matt: CCing you because your name appears in all the files I'm looking
at that might be related to this ;-)  In particular, I see a change from
Sep 11th that might be related; things behaved correctly in August on
this same machine.

Thanks.