Re: utimensat

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 09:57:56AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> Why are utimensat and fstatat hidden and only available if

Because our implementation is incomplete and therefore not
Standard-compliant: We only support the case where fs is AT_FDCWD.

Supporting the whole C063 function family require modifications
to our namei implementation, so that you can give it a path rooted
from a directory file descriptor. I remeber someone was about to do it
some time ago, but I am not sure it happened.

It is possible to workaround incomplete utimensat(fd, path, ns, flags)
with fd != AT_FDCWD by something like this (not tested):
        old_fd = open(".", O_RDONLY, 0);
        chdir(fd);
        utimensat(AT_FDCWD. path, ns, flags)
        chdir(old_fd);