Re: CVS commit: pkgsrc/lang/python26

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 21:02:58 +0200
Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner%fz-juelich.de@localhost> wrote:
> The problem did probably start when libpthread started to use
> "ksem" kernel semaphores which was after the netbsd-6 branch.
> This means that netbsd-6 is likely not affected.

I've just run the ipython-0.12 selftest on a recent netbsd-6
snapshot, with python27 before and after my last change,
and didn't see problems.

While this is not exhaustive, it suggests that netbsd-6's
semaphores are OK, and also that the pkgsrc patch, while
unnecessary there, doesn't hurt.
(As a side note, Python on FreeBSD doesn't use the system's
semaphores either but the Python internal replacement.)

best regards
Matthias