Re: NetBSD/epoc32

Hi! David,

From: David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 22:55:24 +0100

I will support to SERIES 5, if jun@ have it. :-)
# I am contacting jun@ now.

> > If e32boot.exe is executed, a screen will become crush, but it is
> > intentional.  Since how to use the memory of EPOC32 was not found well,
> > it is because various things are copied and execute on the frame buffer
> > considered to be safe absolutely.
>
> Is it a simple memory mapped framebuffer? Hopefully with a pixel
> layout already supported by wsdisplay :)

Yes it is.  That's right probably.  It is 4 or 8 bits.

> > e32boot.exe is supporting only a SERIES 5mx and SERIES 7 (netBook is
> > included) now.  This is because the acquisition methods of a physical
> > address which arbitrary virtual addresses point out by Release 3 and
> > Release 5 of EPOC32 differ.  And this method is hack-method by arlo
> > developers.  About this, I will think more better method.
>
> Could a single binary determine the relevant release and include two
> sets of calls, or would it need two different binaries?

I will support a binary both SERIES5 and other.  And it is possible
also in the present hack procedure.  Probably it can support in several
hours.

> One thought might be to make a pkgsrc entry for the sdk, and include
> the generated EPOC boot binaries as uuencoded in the NetBSD source
> tree (I'm assuming NetBSD/epoc32 will be imported? :)

I am very hoping to import.

> > But my SERIES 5mx's (and Revo's) flexible cable crushed. X-<
> > This problem is Psion user is knowing?  :)
> > I will try to repair it.
>
> Well there is at least one company that says they sell better
> replacement cables - http://www.psionflexi.co.uk/ - GBP15, which seems
> to be about the 5MX FLEXI price on eBay :/

Oh!.
It is an extraordinary wonderful company.
However, as for me, it is mortifying that it is expensive.

Thanks,
--
kiyohara