Re: How to analyze ld at sd mmc on i386 current

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 04:32:32AM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to analyze my PR kern/46749,
> so I am using FFSv2 32GB SDHC card as ld0e at sdmmc.
>
> I suspect functionality of writing to ld at sdmmc is broken,
> because newfs generates "cg 0: bad magic number" and
> writing to ld at sdmmc causes panic sometime with some SDHC cards.
>
> Also mounting my FAT 16GB micro SDHC card (formatted on Android
> phone) with mount_msdos causes freeze.
>
> How to start analyzing?
> What kind of information will help debugging?
> Is this problem related to userland command?
>
> Thank you.
> sdhc0 at pci3 dev 3 function 1: vendor 0x1180 product 0x0822 (rev. 0x13)
> sdhc0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17
> sdhc0: SD Host Specification 1.0, rev.2
> sdhc0: using DMA transfer

I have a 0x0822 too. I know for a fact that something isn't working
quite right with the DMA code and/or hardware on some data alignments.

I'll see if I can come up with something.  In the meantime you could
probably get by with disabling the DMA force-enable.

        Jonathan Kollasch