Re: Missing postfix file main.cf.default

On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 04:06:41PM -0400, Greg Troxel wrote:

> Bernd Ernesti <netbsd%lists.veego.de@localhost> writes:
>
> > I just lost a few mails because the main.cf, which is shipped
> > with NetBSD, contains only a very limited set of configuration
> > examples.
>
> I don't follow.  Can you be more specific?

The size limits are not listed so a mail will bounce if the spool file
gets too big, which was not an issue with sendmail.

I checked the example main.cf before and there was nothing mentioned
about the limits so I assumed that there are sane and would have been
more cautious if I knew the actual limits.

> > It looks like there is normally a main.cf.default installed but
> > we do not have it.
>
> Did you look at:
> /usr/share/examples/postfix/main.cf

Sure but it only contains a fraction of all options.

Bernd