Re: 'getty' printing delay tokens in -current and netbsd-6

On 2012-06-27 04:59, John D. Baker wrote:
While transmitting a capability element that is supposed to indicate a
delay is obviously wrong, performing actual NUL padding seems like a step
backward to me.  Is this what netbsd-5's (and earlier) getty did?  If so,
I was blissfully ignorant of this and it rather invalidates my concern.

It's the way it has always been done, and as someone else pointed out, it is actually the only way to do it. Since you have no idea from the computer side when the characters are actually transmitted, and you need the delay after the specific character is received by the terminal.

        Johnny