Re: libusb-1.0 for NetBSD

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Eric Haszlakiewicz
<erh%nimenees.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 04:45:13PM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 May 2012, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
>> >libusb-1.0 under OpenBSD/NetBSD use ugen, so only
>> >ugen device are supported.
>>
>> One of the problems with libusb with NetBSD is that it cannot detach a
>> driver and reattach ugen. So if uhid has attached, you are stuck with it.
>
> I just ran into this problem myself.  I was thinking of adjusting the usb
> code so all devices can support the same ioctl's that ugen supports, but
> things got a bit trickier than I expected.

What if you limit your scope of work to generic HID device (non-mouse,
non-keyboard)? Does it make things easier?

The reason why generic HID device is popular is because Windows
come with in-box HID driver and native HID API is relatively easy
to use. libusb is usually used to communicate with this type of
device under Linux since the kernel HID driver can be detached.

--
Xiaofan