Re: XEN throughput comparison; Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 11:15:30AM -0500, David Young wrote:
> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 05:31:04PM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> > It's a fun.  NetBSD PV performance lags behind from Linux PV and
> > FreeBSD PV.  It's ok just to see the comparison chart located at the
> > bottom of the article.
> >
> > http://blog.yellowback.net/archives/566-20120523.html
>
> What kind of NIC does that Mac Mini have?

It'll be either an msk or a wm, I think.  Should not matter to DomU
performance.

However, I'd be interested to see what performance looks like with a
NetBSD dom0 -- when the Linux dom0 code got integrated into the main
Linux kernel tree, it lost some features, like flipping mode, which our
domU driver knows how to use.

Thor