Re: Recent update to sys/dev/audio.c causes hangs?

I wrote:

> My previous 'cvs update' was somewhere around the end of March or
> beginning or April, and this problem was introduced when I updated on
> April 10.  The obvious suspect is mrg's update to sys/dev/audio.c on
> April 6, which changed a few mutex_enter() and mutex_exit() calls.  My
> intuition says these changes need some sort of compensating change in
> sys/dev/usb/uaduio.c.

I ran mplayer with X stopped just now, and it's a mutex-related crash
all right.  Here's what happens when I hit "q" to stop mplayer:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "ci->ci_mtx_count == -1" failed: file
"/usr/src/sys/kern/kern_synch.c", line 688 mi_switch: cpu1: ci_mtx_count (0) !=
-1
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 eip c026aa94 cs 8 eflags 200286 cr2 84e8260 ilevel 7
Stopped in pid 18988.1 (mplayer) at     netbsd:breakpoint+0x4:  popl    %ebp
db{1}> bt
breakpoint(...
vpanic(...
mi_switch(...
sleepq_block(...
usb_delay_ms(...
uhci_device_isoc_close(...
usbd_close_pipe(...
uaudio_chan_close(...
uaudio_halt_out_dma(...
audio_clear(...
audio_ioctl(...
audioioctl(...
spec_ioctl(...
VOP_IOCTL(...
vn_ioctl(...
sys_ioctl(...
syscall(...

-tih
--
"The market" is a bunch of 28-year-olds who don't know anything. --Paul Krugman