Re: libusb and phidgets

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 09:23:10AM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:
> and libusb on NetBSD doesn't support enumerating all USB devices, only ugen
> ones.  So, my question is: why is that?  Is there some reason that it's a bad
> idea to have libusb return all USB devices, or is it just that noone has
> implemented it?

It would be good to be able to enumerate at least those hid devices, that
no driver has claimed (i.e. you do not want to fiddle with the uhiddev you
ukbd has attached to).

A lot of "special" devices come as hid device, since this usually
means no kernel space driver is needed for most OSes, just a bit of special
application code.

Martin