Re: Sysinst default root login shell

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 01:02:26PM +0200, Alan Barrett wrote:
> I think that the default answer in the "Root shell" menu should be
> taken from whatever is in /etc/master.passwd at the time the menu
> appears, instead of always being /bin/sh.

Ok, but this should be dealing with all of /etc/shells then, making the menu
fully dynamic.

> Then I think "anita install" should deliberately go into that menu
> and choose /bin/sh, or "anita test" should be adapted to work under
> any shell (possibly by launching /bin/sh immediately after login).

*And* we should rethink the default shell we provide for new installs
(basically we bailed out of that discussion by forcing a user choice
in sysinst before).

We can not seriously default to non-working command line editing again.

Martin