Re: release directories and naming for install images,liveimages,and isos

On 3/19/12 5:57 AM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
dholland-current@ wrote:

On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 11:14:42PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
  >  >  >  Who want bootable installatoin images without set files, for what?
  >  >
  >  >  For installing?
  >  >
  >  >  Again, if someone goes to ftp.netbsd.org they ought to be able to get
  >  >  installer images for USB sticks as well as for CDs and for floppies.
  >
  >  Are you sure how many such users?

No. But I would consider it a regression to have to download a
complete install just to get boot media.
Are you claiming any regression is not acceptable,
even if there is no user on it?

Even if there is a user, it's a completely acceptable regression
to wait an extra few minutes to download an image smaller than
YouTube video nowadays.

I use installer-without-images all the time. Easily 95% of my installs are over the network. I would also argue that the download time is not insignificant even today.

+j