Re: release directories and naming for install images, live images,and isos

dholland-current@ wrote:

> We should also get PR 45155 fixed in this timeframe, I think. Can
> anyone point me at what needs to be done?

Who want bootable installatoin images without set files, for what?

Bootable floppies were built during distribution targets because
they required special binaries (crunched ramdiskbin etc).

Bootable isos without set files were built during distribution target
beause old bootable isos used floppy emulation, but nowadays
they don't, at least on x86 (except sysinst).

Installation images must include set files for typical usage
and set files are prepared in "release" target, so such images
can only be built once after build.sh release is done,
and IMO building installation images without "build.sh release"
but fetching release binaries are much more useful.

It looks you blindly claim "consistency" nobody actually wants
so no one will close your PR.

---
Izumi Tsutsui