Re: automatic stacktrace on panic, was: Re: Boot fail as kvm guest

Marc Balmer wrote:
> So whenever ddb.commandonenter is set to a non-empty string, or the (not
> yet existing) ddb.stacktrace sysctl is set to 1, this should imply
> ddb.onpanic=1?

Not necessarily - all I'm saying is that a panic should cause a stack
trace to be printed to the console by default, regardless of whether
it happens during boot or later.  I don't have an opinion on what
mechanism we should use to make that happen - it could be done by
entering ddb, or the stack trace could be printed by some other means
before the system dumps core and auto-reboots.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost