Mounting ext2fs instead of ffs after 5.99.60

Hi!

I'm oberserving a strange phenomenon. 5.99.60 was the last kernel which
mounted my ffs filesystem. After that, beginning with 5.99.61 or 62,
the following happens (DIAGNOSTIC and DEBUG enabled):

boot device: wd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
mountroot: trying nfs...
mountroot: trying msdos...
mountroot: trying ext2fs...
warning: lookup /dev/console: error 13
init: copying out path `/sbin/init' 11
exec /sbin/init: error 13
init: copying out path `/sbin/oinit' 12
exec /sbin/oinit: error 13
init: copying out path `/sbin/init.bak' 15
exec /sbin/init.bak: error 13
init path (default /sbin/init):

This is a sandpoint NAS (PPC 8241 based) and the disk was indeed
formatted with ext2fs, before I used it for NetBSD. The wd0a ffs partition
starts at block 63, and I found an ext2fs superblock at block 65, which
ext2fs_mountfs() is using here.

So I understand why it happens now, but why didn't it happen all the
time before? :)

Did the priorities change? Is ext2fs added earlier to the vfs_list
now? Shouldn't ffs have a higher priority?

--
Frank Wille