Re: Unseen IDE CDROM drive

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 01:11:09PM +0300, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 > My NetBSD box has three SATA HDDs and IDE CDROM drive.
 > 5.99.60 doesn't see CDROM drive, though. Linux distros I tried do.
 > Kernel is GENERIC, ACPI enabled.
 > Motherboard, and cdrom drive are many years old.
 > Can any anybody explain what's the problem and how to fix it?

What kind of controller is it that it's plugged into, and how's that
supposed to be getting attached? The dmesg contains two piixides, but
they're both SATA and they're hosting your SATA drives.

 > What's the status of ACPI in NetBSD and does the following relate
 > to the problem?
 >   [snip]

I don't know offhand what those are, but unless ACPI is messing up
your PCI bus attachments somehow it's not likely the problem.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost