Re: Patch to cache TLS in %fp7 to avoid _lwp_getprivate syscalls

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 02:03:32PM -0800, Jake Hamby wrote:
> I recently started hacking on NetBSD/amiga and have been working on a
> patch that I'd like to contribute to -current. I still need to wrap
> the code with an appropriate #ifdef and do some more testing, but I'd
> like to get some feedback and find out if there's an open PR for this
> issue, or if I should create a new PR for the patch. I've attached the
> current version with comments below. It's only beneficial for m68k
> systems with a hardware FPU.

May I interest you in looking at a different approach for this?
It would be far preferable to not depend on the %fp7 register to be
unused and instead implement either of the two approaches in

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-m68k/2011/11/19/msg000303.html

Other than that, disabling the spinning in the mutexes as platform
option sounds valid.

Joerg