Re: Rescan for ahcisata ?

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012, David Young wrote:

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 06:45:34AM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
# drvctl -p atabus0 interface-attributes
Array:

If printing 'Array:' is intentional, be sure to suppress it when the
flag -n is given.  (Looks like I didn't update the manual page, oops.)

Yeah - the man page doesn't even indicate that -n is valid with -p. I will change -n to

        Suppress the first column in -l output.  Suppress non-XML
        headers in -p output.

I think that filtering the propery list by keys should be left to some
other tool, e.g., one of the xmltools.  In the xmlgrep syntax, the
command would be:

      drvctl -p atabus0 | xmlgrep '//interface-attributes'

Certainly makes more sense than embedding this inside drvctl! But since we don't have xmlgrep yet, I guess we need to keep the rudimentary parser that we have.

BTW, I am looking for a volunteer to work on xmltools.  Anyone?

I wish I had time enough to dedicate to it.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |