Re: System freeze w/display strangeness on amd64/current

In Message <20111225114643.GD11619%mail.duskware.de@localhost>,
   Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>wrote:

=>On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 08:20:51PM -0500, Gary Duzan wrote:
=>>    Any thoughts for diagnosing the problem? Loading older versions
=>> would be possible, if a bit messy. dmesg included below.
=>
=>Just a very tiny straw, but you could try to comment out the
=>
=>#define __HAVE_DIRECT_MAP 1
=>#define __HAVE_MM_MD_DIRECT_MAPPED_IO
=>#define __HAVE_MM_MD_DIRECT_MAPPED_PHYS
=>
=>block in /usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/include/types.h and build a new kernel.

   Thanks for this. I #if 0'd out those lines, and things seem much
more stable now. I ran the full test suite and have been browsing
using Firefox without incident for a while. From the commit note,
I guess the video memory is being grabbed by a large page allocation
improperly?

                                        Gary Duzan