Re: qemu-0.15.1 from pkgsrc/emulators/qemu does not work on recent NetBSD current

On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 11:17:11PM +0900, Ryo ONODERA wrote:
> Setting up qemu is hard work...
>
> I have the following problem.
>
> On NetBSD current machine,
> # /sbin/ifconfig tap0 create
> # /sbin/ifconfig bridge0 create
> # /sbin/brconfig bridge0 add msk0
> # /sbin/ifconfig bridge0 up
> # /sbin/ifconfig tap0 0.0.0.0 up
> # /sbin/brconfig bridge0 add tap0
> # dhclient tap0
> bound to 192.168.81.5

please check that both tap0 and msk0 are in promiscous mode at this
point.
I noticed with a current kernel, my xen setup doesn't work anymore
after a fresh boot because my wm0, despite being part of the bridge,
is not in promisc mode. Doing
brconfig bridge0 delete wm0
brconfig bridge0 add wm0
fixes it.

I didn't find the time to analyse any further.