Re: vi international character display

hi,

> - The environment, which I'm fairly certain I didn't modify around the
>  time I observed the change, includes
>  TERM=rxvt-unicode

it seems that  TERM=rxvt-unicode(may be added by you, default terminfo database
doesn't know such term type, so nvi may die quickly) lost capability
to display i18n text.

in my environment, following works fine. urxvt show non-ascii character.

1. start urxvt with utf-8 locale.
$ LANG=en_US.UTF-8 urxvt

2. in urxvt, launch vi with vt100 terminal
$ TERM=vt100 vi foo.txt

very truly yours.
--
Takehiko NOZAKI <tnozaki%NetBSD.org@localhost>