Re: Making httpd(8) deliver files as plain text?

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:33:27AM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Well, a little work with tcpdump shows that httpd(8) is doing the right
> thing without any special configuration.  It is firefox that doesn't do
> the right thing.  It simply says "This is a binary file" and forces me
> to save to disk.

I do wish browsers would have a 'treat as text' option for files they
don't understand.
My other related bug-bear is a C IDE that (on windows) attached itself
to every possibly file type that might be related.  I NEVER want to
use it at all - even for the source I put through its compiler.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost