Re: named spinning

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 08:59:55PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> Yes 5 is crypto are you using DNSSEC? I don't see crypto on mine...
> Now I suspect kevent is misbehaving with /dev/crypto. Let me cook
> a kernel with crypto. In the meantime, can you remove /dev/crypto,
> restart named, and see if it works?

What kind of system is this where it would be using /dev/crypto
from userspace?  Is there an accellerator?

The OpenSSL engine does not know how to do asynchronous operation
with /dev/crypto, so you should never see it being fed to kevent.
Particularly since if no operations are pending, it will probably
always show up as ready.

I suspect named has somehow mixed up its file descriptors.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon                                    tls%panix.com@localhost
  "All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all