Re: build.sh of tools (nbhost-mkdep) fails on i386 vm

On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 10:41:11 -0400, yancm%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 01, 2011 at 09:16:52 -0400, "Valeriy E. Ushakov"
> <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost> wrote:
>
> >> install ===> host-mkdep
> >> rm -f host-mkdep
> >> CC=cc /bin/sh /usr/src/tools/host-mkdep/configure
> >> --cache-file=config.cache
> >> configure: loading cache config.cache
> >[...]
> >> configure: creating ./config.status
> >> config.status: creating host-mkdep
> >> chmod +x host-mkdep
> >
> >You should see here instead (module your TOOLDIR):
> >
> >install ===> tools/host-mkdep
> >mkdir -p /usr/nb/tools/bin
> >cp host-mkdep /usr/nb/tools/bin/nbhost-mkdep
> >chmod +x /usr/nb/tools/bin/nbhost-mkdep
> >
> >So you should investigate why this step misbehaves.  You can cd to
> >src/rools/host-mkdep and run $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$arch install to run
> >just this step after doing whatever changes you think might affect it
> >(wrong timestamps, verifying that your source tree is clean, etc).
>
> uwe,
>
> I apologize, but I really only know how to run build.sh... when I
> do what you suggest as a "test" I have no idea what it's doing,
> but it does not appear to use the correct paths (that's what
> build.sh does in the background)...

build.sh effectively just builds and runs $TOOLDIR/bin/nbmake-$mach
(aka "make wrapper"), which is a shell script with all the right paths
you passed to build.sh.

> the first time I ran this:
> xperiment 43 # /usr/tools/bin/nbmake-i386 install
>
> it gave me some output, but not the second time...nothing

Well, "some output" is too vague to tell anything :).  You can try to
start over with

   $ cd .../src/tools/host-mkdep
   $ .../nbmake-i386 cleandir
   $ .../nbmake-i386 dependall
   $ .../nbmake-i386 install

or just nuke your objdir and tooldir and rerun build.sh, and when it
fails, repeat that install step in src/tools/host-mkdep

-uwe