Re: Issues with NetBSD-5.1, xen and amd64 machines.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 07:55:18AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       Hello.  So now I'm really confused.  Changing the relevant line in
> /boot.cfg on my xen machine from:
>
> menu=Boot Xen and Dom0:load /netbsd console=com1;multiboot /xen/xen
> dom0_mem=1024M console=com1 com1=115200,8n1

> menu=Boot Xen and Dom0:load /netbsd console=com1;multiboot /xen/xen
> dom0_mem=1024M console=com2 com1=115200,8n1

that's the Xen's console that you changed, not the NetBSD one.
I though you had changed the NetBSD one from com1 to com0.

> causes xen to put output on the right serial port.  It may be that the
> console=com1 on the NetBSD command line is superfulous, but the example in
> the man page doesn't say that.  Are you saying that it doesn't matter what
> I put on the NetBSD portion of the command line?

It does matter if you use 'tty0' or 'pc' (in which case NetBSD will use
the pckbc/vga console), anything else (or no console= at all) will
use the xen console (which won't work well if xen itself is told
to use the VGA console).