Re: another data point (was Re: acpi_vbios_reset hangs while vbetool works (Was: sporadic failure to wakeup from S3))

At Mon, 12 Sep 2011 20:53:46 +0200,
Matthias Drochner wrote:

> jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost said:
> > On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:21:45PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > > If you switch away from X before suspend/resume does it affect
> > > matters
>
> I'm seeing this too -- if the X server is active the suspend fails
> (with that "detachtimeout" kernel message).
> I tracked this down a bit, to a signal delivery problem. The wscons
> driver sends a signal to the X server, and then it waits for
> an ioctl call, synchronized by mutex/condvar. This fails - the
> X server apparently doesn't get scheduled to during cv_wait.
>
> Normal screen switches work because they are done asynchonously.

Switching away from X before the suspend, I can then after resuming
switch between virtual terminals. However, when I try to login on one
of these, I can only type the login name, after the return the cursor
goes to the next line, but no prompt for password.

Best regards,

Marko