Re: Help with cnmagic

On Dec 24,  5:36pm, Paul Goyette wrote:
} On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Martin Husemann wrote:
} > On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:28:55AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
} >> I don't think wskbd honours cnmagic, but always will invoke ddb for you if
} >> the keyboard is attached as console.
} >
} > ... with the key(s) defined to do that via wskbd bindings (wsconsctl,
} > /etc/wscons.conf)
}
} Hmmm, either I am totally clueless (highly probable) or the man pages in
} this area are woefully inadequate.
}
} The wscons.conf(5) page gives a hint that maybe I should be using
} wsconsctl(8) to update the map, but the man page for wsconsctl(8) has
} only a single example which doesn't at all explain the format of how to
} set the key bindings.  It does give a small example for "keysym
} CapsLock", but this doesn't give even the slightest hint of how to
} encode a "3-finger salute" (Ctrl+Alt+Esc).

     nul is ASCII character 0 (0x0, 0000, etc.).  Ctrl-Alt-Esc does not
represent any ASCII character, so only works when you get down/up scan
codes.  I don't know enough about USB keyboards to know what the
keyboard would transmit (if anything) when you use that sequence.

}-- End of excerpt from Paul Goyette