Re: build.sh - toolchain build error

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 04:05:32PM +0300, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> Christoph Egger wrote:
> > I am compiling an amd64 toolchain on NetBSD/amd64
> > with build.sh -U.
> > It fails with:
> >
> > eval: .libs/libmpfr.a: permission denied
> > *** [libmpfr.la] Error code 126
> > nbmake: stopped in build/obj.amd64/tools/mpfr/build
>
> This is a bug in /bin/sh on your host system; see PR bin/45269.

And the fix applied is bogus - I don't actually know why it makes
a differnce - apart from possibly removing a realloc() due to
adding one less byte to the buffer.

Unfortunately my attempts to get a broken build failed - with libc
and sh built from the 'broken' sources copied into an older userbase.
(I managed to leave the system with a non-working bin/sh!)

I've a proper fix (when I actually write it) but can't test it
actually fixes the borkage.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost