Re: Possible unsafe use of strncat in sbin/sysctl/sysctl.c

Am 23.08.11 23:58, schrieb David Holland:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 11:52:11PM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
>  > (void)wait!  That was a pure personal remark.  I really don't know where
>  > that (void)bla idiom comes from, and I obviously don't (void)like it.
>
> It's an artifact of our stupid lint(1).
>
>  > Some folks seems to (void)love it.
>
> Not that I know of...

So is the policy to (void)pollute our sources because of a defect in a
tool?  Or are we sane and brave and ignore lint(1)?

We could, e.g remove lint from the tree, if it that broken...

I see a tendency to "fix^wfuckup" correct code just to appease incorrect
tools, may that be lint or gcc.  We have become slaves to the machine ... ;)