Re: Looking for NAS Hardware

On 12 April 2011 14:42, Michal Suchanek <hramrach%centrum.cz@localhost> wrote:
> On 10 April 2011 00:10, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>> On 8 April 2011 16:37, Stephen Borrill <netbsd%precedence.co.uk@localhost>
>> wrote:

>>> Does an HP Microserver count or does that not fit bullet point 3?
>>>

>> Would that be something like: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/253305 (140
>> pounds after cashback).
>> Is anyone on the list running NetBSD on one, and also does anyone have a
>> good pci-e network card recommendation?
>
> With something like MB994SP-4S you can get extra four 2.5" drives in
> the 5.24" bay but sadly there are no ITX cases built around the 5.25"
> bay which would allow running just the 2.5" drives.

I found one: AMEI CASE AM-C2001WB http://www.ameitec.com/en/products/am-c2001

It is about 4" x 12" x 16" so not exactly small but it is a flatter
alternative to the rather bulky 7" cubes.

With a 5.25"-> 4x2.5" drive bay adaptor you can fit in 4 drives
exchangeable from the outside. It can take a microATX board and PSU
and low-profile PCI cards which should give plenty of options for
off-the shelf components.

I have not seen the case in real, though.

HTH

Michal