Re: (amd64) Strange browser problem

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Paul Goyette wrote:

On Sat, 13 Aug 2011, Paul Goyette wrote:

But in response to another suggestion, I installed links-gui package. For the www.websudoku.com site, it was able to display the entire game-board (although not sufficiently well to be able to play.) But it failed to establish a https session to my D-link WiFi router.

www/dillo also works for the websudoku.com link, but since javascript is not enabled in dillo, many of the game options aren't available.

And dillo doesn't have working https support, so it also cannot manage the WiFi router.

Dillo does, however, display a useable Yahoo search page, and useable search-results page. Again, maybe/likely due to have JS disabled.

I found a browser that works! www/epiphany does the job, including javascript for my WiFi router. I'm not really thrilled about using epiphany since it brings in so much other gnome-related stuff, but for now it seems to be a necessary evil.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |